What better way to create a true keepsake than to use someone’s actual handwriting or drawing?
Whether it’s a special message to a bride from her father, a memorial to someone you’ve lost, or the first little squiggle drawing made by your toddler, we will work with you to make a beautiful piece of jewelry you can treasure forever.
1) Select your DESIRED SHAPE for the pendant (see diagram):
We will do everything we can to make your art fit into the shape you choose, and we'll contact you if any issues come up.1” Round
- 1" Round
- 1” x 3/4” Oval (can be vertical or horizontal)
- 1” Heart
- Organic (shape designed to fit the artwork) (shown)
2) Select CUT-OUT SHAPE for jump ring and chain (see diagram):
- Heart (shown)
- Small hole
3) Select CHAIN style and length
See our Planning Tools section for more details.
4) Submit your ARTWORK after completing your order:
- The best art for this process is dark ink on a light, plain background, but we may be able to work with what you have. We know that greeting cards and notes aren’t always perfect! If you’re concerned, send us a sample and we’ll figure out what to do.
- The best results will come from a minimum 600 dpi, clean scan of your artwork saved as a jpg. Send it as high a resolution as you can.
- You can also send a clear, focused photo taken with your phone, as long as it doesn’t have any discoloration or glare, and is high resolution. Again, send it as large as you can. Don’t convert the photo to black and white. The color information included may help us clean up your image.
- Send your art to email@example.com with ‘Art for order number (your order number)” in the email subject line.
- Remember that we may digitally edit the placement of the handwriting to fit the design of the piece.
- If for some reason we can't make your artwork fit in the shape you'd like, we'll contact you to figure out the best option.
5) Review PROOF:
We will send you a proof of the final art to the email you sent the art from, and won’t begin production of your custom piece until we’ve received your approval. Your response time may affect overall turnaround.
Once art is approved, we make a custom stamp to create your jewelry. One stamp can be used for multiple pieces, so we can offer a discount if ordering multiples of the same art. Contact us for information. And, you will receive the stamp with your order!
Each keepsake is handmade to order and does take time. Please allow 3-4 weeks for normal turnaround. If you have a rush order, contact us and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate you.
7) Your necklace arrives and you do a little jig! (Jig is optional, but highly recommended!)
We look forward to making this one-of-a-kind keepsake for you!
Did you know that PMC [precious metal clay] is a recycled eco-friendly product? During photo processing, silver is recovered. That silver is mixed in with a binder making a clay-like material that can be worked, rolled, shaped/formed, stamped, etc. It's then fired, during which the binder burns off, leaving fine silver [99.9% pure].
Questions? Check out our Planning Tools Section and FAQs. A lot of questions can be answered there. Still have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!